CU*Answers Business Continuity Plan
More on Business Continuity Planning:
The CU*Answers Business Continuity Plan is our roadmap for continuing operations under adverse conditions (i.e. interruptions from natural or man-made hazards).
Components of our Business Continuity Plan include:
- Emergency Response Plan
- Our plan to identify potential disruptions, ensure safety of all building occupants, alert recovery teams, perform initial damage assessment, and establish command/control
- High Availability Recovery Plan
- Our plan to roll core-processing services to the HA data center
- Hot Site Recovery Plan
- Our plan to recover core processing services at an alternate hot site facility
- IT Recovery Plan
- Our plan to recover systems and applications not included in the HA or Hot Site Recovery Plan
- Crisis Communications Plan
- Our plan to establish and maintain communications with recovery teams, key stakeholders, and media throughout the event
- Business Resumption Plan
- Our plan to resume critical business functions at an alternate facility
- Business Restoration Plan
- Our plan to restore all business functions at a permanent facility
The Business Continuity Plan is regularly reviewed by internal and external auditors as well as by senior management.
Each plan is revised every six months to reflect:
- Changes in potential threats or risks
- Changes in business operations, functions, or processes
- Changes in system or network architecture
- Audit recommendations
- Lessons learned from tests, exercises, and events
Education classes are offered and training exercises are required to properly train CU*Answers staff on their roles and responsibilities during recovery efforts to improve our preparedness for the next unplanned event.
For more information about the CU*Answers Business Continuity Plan including a digital copy, or if you have questions about the planning process, please feel free to contact us.
What's Your Plan?
Now that you’ve read about our plan, how confident are you in yours?
When was the last time your plan was updated?
Are you satisfied with the results of your last test?
Let us assist you by sharing our experience and knowledge gained over the past decade developing the listed plans above. Benefit from our lessons learned as we help your planning team design, build, and manage a resilient organization.
Read about CU*Answers Disaster Recovery Services offered.
“Awareness precedes action, understanding precipitates action.”
More on Business Continuity Planning:
Copyright © 2002 - 2013 CU*Answers • Privacy Notice
CU*BASE® is a registered trademark of CU*Answers.
This website and included materials are intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete, or up-to-date and should in no way be taken as an indication of future results. All information is provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will CU*Answers, its related partnerships or corporations, or the partners, agents or employees thereof be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information provided or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Any views and opinions expressed on this web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of CU*Answers or any of its affiliates.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.